Looking for SUV tyres? First you’ll near to find your tyre size. In case you were wondering, here’s the latest on the most popular tyres in the SUV and 4×4 tyre segment. The short story is that the top spots now all filled with either 17 or 18-inch sizes. This change has come at the expense of the 16 and 19-inch sizes managed to make it into the top five last year.
- The most popular 4×4/SUV tyre size remains 235/60 R18, which occupies 7 per cent of the segment. This size was also number one last year and also held 7 per cent share 12 months ago.
- 215/55 R18 has shot up into second place from a position outside the top five. This size now accounts for some 6 per cent share of the segment.
- 235/65 R17 is the third most popular 4×4/SUV size in the data, with 4 per cent share of the segment – a figure that remains level compared with 12 months ago.
- 215/60 R17 may be the fourth most popular size in the segment, but its share of the segment fell 1 percentage point down from 4 per cent to 3 per cent. Therefore, this size is 25 per cent less popular than 12 months ago.
- The top five is rounded off by 235/50 R18. Not only is this size the joint largest diameter in the top five (along with first-placed 235/60 R18 and second-placed 215/55 R18), it is also the lowest profile size in the top five.