Launched in June, the Halfords Garage of the Year competition has attracted hundreds of entries. A shortlist of 20 has now been selected. The winner will be announced in the coming weeks.
Among the shortlisted entries are a range of dream garages:
- Edward Beech, Herefordshire, who quit his job at the beginning of the pandemic, bought an ’89 V8 Discovery 1, and has spent the past 6 months restoring it.
- Kurt Bramfitt, Heywood, who has finally achieved his dream garage build he has spent the last 7 years working towards.
- Nigel Brunt, Hatfield, who has spent his whole life collecting cars and bikes and now has the ‘ultimate garage and leisure cave’
- Michelle Reading, Higham Ferrers, whose garage renovations were a life-saver and helped keep her and her partner going when lockdown struck.
- Tony Knell, Ashingdon, who uses his spare time to keep his garage in top shape for charity events and fundraisers