Cooper has launched its new all-terrain, all-season SUV tyre, the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 Sport 2. Balancing on-road stability and off-road capability, the tyre is certified for use in winter and muddy driving conditions. It displays both the Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake and M+S symbols on its sidewall.
The manufacturer is a specialist in 4×4 and SUV tyre design, supplying a range of products for every application. Its reputation is well established in its domestic United States market and supported by research and development across Europe.
Standout features of the A/T3 Sport 2 include:
- a new tread compound that improves its grip on wet roads compared to the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 Sport;
- C-rated wet braking on the EU tyre label;
- a robust tread design and new compound technology for better resistance to cutting and chipping;
- increased sidewall protection, with a new compound to guard against the effects of ozone and UV degradation;
- and a non-staining sidewall protects its white lettering from discolouration, helping the tyre to look the part throughout its lifetime.
Cooper used an extensive testing programme at the UK’s MIRA Technology Park in addition to its own dedicated Cooper Tire & Vehicle Test Center in Texas, USA, to achieve these improvements over the original A/T3 Sport.
Michiel Kramer, sales and marketing director, Cooper Tire Europe, said, “We are excited to add the A/T3 Sport 2 to our line-up. While we already offer a vast range of 4×4 and SUV tires, for many different purposes, it is important that we continue to make strides in the all-terrain market. With the A/T3 Sport 2, we feel we have achieved another significant step forward.”
Alongside the new A/T3 Sport 2, Cooper offers an effective year-round solution for cars and SUVs with the Cooper Discoverer All-Season.
The tyre is designed to deliver whatever the weather. It is grade of B for wet braking, as lateral 3D siping and grooves evacuate water more effectively. The latest all-season silica and resin technology ensure that the tyre generates grip over a wide temperature range. An advanced compound construction delivers an even footprint for superior wear results.
This tyre is more balanced for majority on-road use. The new A/T3 Sport 2 offers a more rounded package for off-road use.